Thursday, February 19, 2009

Some Happy Endings

I knew Patrick would leave a big, empty spot once he found his new home, not just because of his size, but because of what a wonderful companion he's been during his short time living with me. He slept in my bed every night and followed me around the house. Patrick loved a car ride, so I rarely left the house without taking him with me. Even sitting at this computer, writing this post, is a reminder he isn't here, as I am used to his big ol' head plopped into my lap as I write!

But, Patrick got his happy ending and I am very happy for him. His new mommy just loves him to pieces and I have no doubt he's going to have a beautiful life. She intends to take him to work every day at the horse farm where she is employed. We went to the farm for a visit earlier this week and Patrick looked so content watching the horses, goats and peacocks roaming the farm! He will have tons of attention from all the folks there and many, many animal friends. Since Patrick loves every one and every critter, this is a very good thing!

Josie also found a happy ending this week: a new home with another kitten her age and a family with two teenaged girls. I am quite sure her feet still haven't touched the ground and that she'll be loved endlessly. Since Josie was adopted on Valentines Day, her new name is Valentine!

I will miss both Patrick and Josie -- especially the cuteness of seeing the two of them together as friends -- but know they are both beginning new and beautiful lives. Hooray for happy endings!

No comments: