Tuesday, December 30, 2008

So Many . . .

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to learn a lot more about what Heartland Humane Society does for abandoned and unwanted animals. Laurie and I visited other foster homes, where I met many Heartland Dogs I'd not seen before and even a darling litter of puppies not yet ready for adoption.

We then visited a local dog pound. Heartland tries to take as many of their adoptable dogs as possible, but it is just heartbreaking to walk away from those cages, knowing you cannot save them all.

The whole day strengthened my commitment to fostering, It also helped me accept that my beautiful foster dog, Tia, really does need to find the perfect home because there are so very many dogs just waiting to be saved.

Here are just a few of the animals I met yesterday . . .

No comments: