Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Introducing Jethro

I didn't name him; he's one of a litter of 9 five-month-old puppies who all have "J" names. I think it's a cute name though, although everyone in the house is practicing their Beverly Hillbillies impressions, calling out a twangy "Jeeeth-RO!" when he's romping around the living room.

I am so hoping that Jethro, like his brother, Jake, who found a home last weekend, is home for the holidays. He's going to be a great pet. He is definitely a dog whose size doesn't match his temperament. He has NO idea he will grow to somewhere around 70 pounds! All he wants is a lap to lay in. To prove it, he'll curl up into the tightest possible ball to fit in mine.

Jethro is my third foster from this litter. I liked the first so much she's staying with me! They are very smart, trainable pups with gentle, loving temperaments. Because they are no longer tiny pups, they just need some patience in the beginning to get used to their new surroundings and prove how wonderful they are.

Jethro has four siblings still waiting to find their homes too, so please visit Heartland's Site if you are interested!

No comments: