Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Miracles

Six dogs and eight cats found their forever homes yesterday! Among them was Jingles, who chose an 11 year old boy, his parents and a Maine Coon kitty to be her forever family. I am thrilled with her choice. Her new people thought long and hard about the decision to bring her home. In fact, I was even surprised when they returned from their family meeting to fill out the paperwork because they'd been gone so long, but all the more certain they were the right fit because they took the time to weigh all their concerns against the charms of a beautiful and affectionate puppy. Because her new family originates from Chicago, she left PetSmart with a new name: Wrigley. I will sure miss her snuggles and kisses but am so happy she is home for the holidays. Have a beautiful life, Wrigley!

That leaves three of nine puppies from the lab/border collie litter available for adoption: Jinx, Joker and Jersey, all beautiful boys. Please visit Heartland's site if you are interested and looking for a smart and affectionate addition to your family. I have fostered four puppies from this litter and adopted one myself. They all have wonderful temperaments and make great family dogs.

I fully intended to bring Jinx home as my next foster dog, but my plans were derailed when a new potential intake arrived for temperament testing. When I saw this stunning German Shepherd enter the adoption area, I assumed she belonged to a potential adopter, there to try her out with one of our fosters to see if they were a good fit. Then I heard her story and it was all over for me. My biggest weakness is shepherds. Throw in a very sad story and I am done for! So, last night Tia spent her first night indoors in several months, thanks to the kind and compassionate woman who brought her to us. I will share her story and give further introductions in a future post. Suffice it to say, I already know this girl is going to break my heart when she finds the perfect home, even as I celebrate her happy ending. She is simply wonderful.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

14 in one day! Holy milk bones!

And I suspect I'm going to hear the name Tia a lot . . .

DogTired said...

Tia, Tia, Tia! Oh how I WISH I had room for her to stay forever, but I am giving myself lots of lectures right now on what is best for her and for my future fosters.