Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Whoo Hooo !!!

GINGER FOUND A HOME!!!!

Last weekend, during our weekly adoption event at PetSmart, I was looking at poor Ginger in her PetSmart cage and feeling sorry for her -- and myself.

Ginger is one of my very first fosters. And, so far, she is the foster animal I've had the longest. She's a beautiful kitty, but not easy to find a placement for. She is older. She has lots of what we call "Torti-tude." She hisses and nips and smacks with her paw. She HATES other cats and thinks dogs are beneath her -- humans too, for that matter. She is a true Diva.

She also loves attention, purrs like crazy and will lay on your lap, rub up against you and soak up affection as long as you are willing to give it.

For several months, I've secretly wished a sweet older lady would fall in love with Ginger and take her home to be her couch companion.

And, today, that is exactly what happened!

Tonight, Ginger has a whole house to roam and a new "Mom" who intends to spoil her rotten for the rest of her life. Who knows, with such a great new life ahead of her, she may even lose some of that torti-tude!


1 comment:

Bernice said...

Rhonda:

Your description of Ginger fits to a T! Every time I cleaned her cage, she gave me attitude. I actually missed her today when I was up there. I am now in love with Spencer.

Bernice Ketsenburg