Friday, December 24, 2010

White Christmas and Happy Fosters

I wasn't particularly happy to see the snow this morning. Normally, I love snow, but I have procrastinated this season and had Christmas shopping to accomplish and a home-visit with a foster dog to do. I accomplished the above in record time, however, and came home to enjoy the snow . . . and my dogs playing in it. For many of them, it is their first snow. Below is Sophie, the newest addition to the Foster House. She is a five-month-old baby from a puppy mill. Watching her bloom this week and begin acting like a regular dog has been wonderful. Watching her in the snow was something entirely different. I couldn't stop giggling. She ran so fast, her back legs outran her front. She'd tumble over into a somersault and then do it all over again!

Romeo and Fawn are the best of friends and here they share a platter of snow. They went from bush to bush in the back yard, clearing each one!

Rex, like Sophie, couldn't stop running full speed, doing figure eights around the bushes. He was having sooo much fun. He was the only dog who never once took the time to shake the falling snow off his fur, so he came inside looking like a big snowmonster.

And there he is, my Aussie/Shepherd/Snowmonster Mix!

Miss Sophie again, doing her best to look like a Hallmark card!

My sweet, sweet Romeo. Romeo is a Golden/Husky mix and a natural in the snow. He seems to never get cold . . . or tired of leading the whole herd in a game of tag. Here he pauses for just a moment so I can get the perfect shot!

I will probably add more photos as I get them edited, but in the meantime:
Happy Holidays, from my critters to yours. Dog Bless Us, Every One.




3 comments:

Cupcake said...

I love seeing all the doggies! They look so happy. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Love, Cupcake

Attila the Mom said...

Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday! I miss you.

Kate said...

I dogs love the snow my rabbits also love the snow... and I also love playing in the snow with them. Most of the season they are out of their rabbit hutch playing in the snow and it is such a joy to see them enjoying so much.